UV Sterilization is the safest and most effective method of preventing and/or eliminating green water problems in your pond.
About UV Sterilization
- Most effective when run 24/7.
- Most effective if bulb is new, or replaced regularly (at least every 12 months).
- Effectiveness can be hindered if the water passes too fast past the bulb.
- The effectiveness of UV light can be hindered if the quartz sleeve becomes encrusted with mineral deposits.
- Should never be run when treating with any medications.
- UV can also alter the structure of some dissolved chemical compounds.
- Always unplug the unit when working on it to prevent possible shock if it breaks or gets wet.